Updated: Jul 8, 2019
Ok, so am I the only one who aches for DAYS on end after a Hamstring workout?
I always make sure I warm up and stretch after my workout's - especially after Hamstring's!!!
BUT, including a hamstring focused workout into your regime does help build the muscle and that booty!
I personally like to mix up my workout's week to week so I don't get bored. So I typically include a hamstring focused workout every other week. Here's a few of my favourite (not) hamstring exercises - to help build muscle in that area and your glutes! -
* REMEMBER! * - Your technique with deadlifts is vital, to ensure you are getting the full benefit from the exercise, as well as avoiding injury - especially in the back area! If you are unsure about your technique - ensure you research / seek assistance before attempting - keep it light to begin with and you can then build up your weight if you wish!!!
* Barbell Deadlifts (of course!) - I don't add too much weight due to the pressure I feel on my lower back from a previous injury, but the weight you add is down to you! I typically use a 15-20kg barbell.
* Dumbbell single leg deadlift combined with a glute kickback
* Dumbbell deadlifts
* Kettlebell deadlift
* Kettlebell deadlift into squat - combined
* Kettlebell swings into deadlift - combined